Highlights & Haulin'

I have been wanting to change my hair for a while now. However, as I had so much black/dark brown dye on it, getting it lighter would have taken ages. My hairdresser was not kidding when she said it would take at least a year! Last July I started by having the black base colour removed from my dye mix and I just had a light brown applied every few weeks. So, as you can imagine, I was thrilled when she said I could have highlights!

I spent 3 hours in the chair yesterday and here's the end result... (IMAGE NO LONGER AVAILABLE.)

I had 1/2 head of bleach highlights and it lifted really well :) It will take a few more weeks until I can go a bit lighter all over, but I'm aiming to go for a Jennifer Aniston mix of caramel, honey, chocolate and blonde. It has to be done gradually so I don't reck my hair, but it will be worth it.

I also bought a couple of things yesterday. First up...

Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre
(Images no longer available.)

This powder is fantastic. Feather-light, it sets foundation beautifully. The MUA matched me with '20 Clair - Translucent 1', which is the perfect match for my NW15-NW20 skin tone.

The pot is a huge 30g so it should last a long time. The puff it comes with is cute, but I apply it with a powder brush.

I was also amazed to find this when I went to Waitrose yesterday... (Image no longer available.)

Korres lip butter has been on my "to get" list for some time. I've heard good and bad reviews, so I wanted to test one for myself. So when I saw almost all of the Korres range on the shelf of Waitrose yesterday, I was pretty excited :) They had a few, but I chose Pomegranate.

This one is lightly scented, has an amazing texture and is very pigmented. As you can see, it gives lips an almost juicy look, which I love. I'm planning on getting the Guava one, as this looks like a nice pale shade that will down my very-naturally-red lips. I also want to get their Watermelon Scrub, which smelt incredible.

My MAC goodies arrived on Friday too (Images no longer available.)

I've been applying the Future Length Lash Serum since Friday night (you need to apply it twice a day) and I wore Vegas Volt out yesterday.

Please Me is lovely, but very matte, so Im planning on wearing it with a pale nude gloss to give it depth. Vegas Volt is just fine on its own ;)

Hope you're having a lovely weekend... Did you pick up any goodies? x

Comments

  1. I've been meaning to try out the korres lip butters for ages, I have two of their mango butter lipsticks and they are pretty good as well. Your hair looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see you in Jennifer's hair-do! :) X

    www.mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely haul! I am your newest follower. Hope you can follow me back :)

    http://mygorgeouspinkcheeks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts