Buying things makes me happy ;)

Please excuse the shallow title... I just really like beauty products ;)

I managed to get a few things recently that I have been wanting for ages. First up?

NARS Acapulco (Image no longer available.)

I don't tend to buy candles (I really can't stand joss sticks, insense and other things like that) but just reading the description of this immediately made me want it. The scent is difficult to describe, but if you love a mix of rich coffee, chocolate, cream and vanilla, then you need this :) The candle is bigger than I thought it would be and you get 270g for your money. The wax is black and when first lit it gives off little wisps of black smoke. A sign of a quality candle is when the wax melts evenly (rather than leaving a hole in the middle) and the above photo shows that NARS makes good candles.

MAC goodies (Image no longer available.)

I bought a Studio Fix compact in NW20, Lustre Drops in Pink Rebel and some Prep+Prime Lash.

The compact is great, but it's not as full-coverage as I thought it would be. I tend to wear it to work and am currently switching between this and Face & Body in C1.

Pink Rebel is amazing... I would liken Lustre Drops to Strobe Cream as it gives such a great highlight. The bottle might be tiny, but just a tiny drop is enough. I've never tried this product before, but the sales girl in Jolly's (Bath) was no nice I found myself persuaded! :)

She also "persuaded" me into getting Prep+Prime Lash. This is essentially a base coat for your mascara. It goes on white and dries clear. I wore it under MAC Plushlash and it applied so well. I find that it makes my mascara last much longer. I've just ordered their new Future Lash Serum, which will arrive tomorrow and I can't wait to try it. It claims to dramatically improve the condition of eyelashes in 8 weeks and I'm willing to put this claim to the test!

An amazing find from Topshop (Image no longer available.)

This is Head Over Heels cream blush and I love it. I have been looking for a wearable coral-toned blush for ages and this fits the bill. Although it's a cream formulation, it dries to a lightly powdered finish. I tend to apply it to the apples of amy cheeks, wait a couple of minutes and then dust a bit of MAC MSF in Soft and Gentle over the top. This changes it from a matte coral to a bronzed coral shimmer. Wow! It's really unique and I can't recommend this combination enough. At just £6, it's also a bargain.

Finally... (Image no longer available.)

I love this mascara! But, I didn't at first. This is because the girl on the Benefit counter applied it over the mascara I was wearing and it made my eyelashes look ridiculous. Basically, I looked like a 5 year old who was let lose with her mum's mascara ;) However, I couldn't stop thinking about it and I was desperate to get one and try it on naked lashes. I ordered it online and I'm so glad I did. It's jet black, glossy and unlike any other mascara I've tried.

Along with my Prep+Prime Future Lash Serum, I've ordered 2 lipsticks: Vegas Volt and Please Me. It's also Friday and pay day! Saturday is being spent at the hairdressers, so I shall post pictures over the weekend.

Have you tried any of these things or are they on your wish list? x

Comments

  1. I wish we had a Top Shop here! So you like warm scents too? :) I am a big fan of candles and scents that have a coffeeish, amber woodsy smell. It's hard to describe but I'm sure your candle is marvelous :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of that stuff looks great - and I never knew that about good quality candles :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am now sooo tempted to buy similar Topshop blush! ;) X

    www.mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love Head Over Heels it's sooo gorgeous and such a bargain! I really want to try that mascara now! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your hair&great haul!
    Hope you follow back :)
    Polaberry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, I know you mentioned you are having trouble with photo's loading at the moment, and I can't see the pic of the mascara - I guessed that it must be Benefit (girl on Benefit counter applied it - call me Sherlock!) but which one? Is it 'They're Real', I've been hearing good things about that...?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, I can't see the pics at the moment so I was wondering what the mascara is?

    All the best, Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lucy, sorry for the delay, I haven't been onto my blog in a long time (don't know where this year has gone!) It's the Benefit They're Real mascara. As I didn't name the photos, it's difficult to trawl through and find them again. Damn the Dropbox app on my iPad! :) x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts